Position Available - National Pathways Manager
Volleyball Australia (VA) is seeking applications for a National Pathways Manager to be based in the VA Office at the Australian Institute of Sport in
Canberra. The Pathways Manager will lead the implementation of VA’s Pathways strategy, with the objective of identifying and developing a sufficient
quantity of international calibre athletes to drive National Team success in Volleyball and Beach Volleyball.
The Pathways Manager will be responsible for the effective delivery of VA’s pathway programs that identify and supply emerging elite athletes. This
- The Australian Volleyball Academy (AVA), for which the holder of this role will act as Program Director;
- VA’s Junior Development Program which conducts domestic and international development camps and tours for age group athletes; and
- Assisting the development of state pathways programs to ensure integration within VA’s national athlete pathway.
- 1.Work collaboratively with the National Performance Director, VA National Team and Pathways Coaches and State pathways operatives
to develop and maintain a nationally aligned and integrated national athlete pathway, delivering international quality athletes to National
- 2.Lead the implementation of the key operational components of the VA national athlete pathway, including the Australian Volleyball Academy (AVA),
VA’s Junior Development Program, and State-based elite athlete development programs;
Salary package: To be negotiated commensurate with experience.
Applicants should provide a CV and 1-2 page cover letter indicating their experience in:
- Working in a high-performance sport environment, including with developing athletes
- Managingprojectsor events that involve both internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and managing budgets to meet financial targets
Contact: Craig Marshall, National Performance Director, Volleyball Australia
Applications close 9am, 9th March 2020.
National Pathways Manager Position Description